Safety Tip: Industrial Workplace Safety Checklist
Under federal law, employers must provide a workplace free of known health and safety hazards and have a responsibility to provide a safe workplace. Federal OSHA identifies key employer responsibilities that include:
- Provide a workplace free from serious recognized hazards and comply with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act
- Examine workplace conditions to make sure they conform to applicable OSHA standards
- Make sure employees have and use safe tools and equipment and properly maintain this equipment
- Use color codes, posters, labels or safety signs to warn employees of potential hazards
- Establish or update operating procedures and communicate them so that employees follow safety and health requirements
- Provide safety training in a language and vocabulary workers can understand
Use the workplace safety checklist below to help identify and understand common safety and health hazards in your workplace.
Learn more about custom aluminum vacuum chambers from Meyer Tool & Mfg.