Standard work is an agreed upon set of work procedures that effectively combines people, materials, and machines to maintain quality, efficiency, safety, and predictability. Work is described precisely in terms of cycle time, work in process, sequence, takt time, layout, and the inventory needed to conduct the activity. Standard work begins as an improvement baseline and evolves into a reliable method. It establishes the best activities and sequence steps to maximize performance and minimize waste.
In this book you will learn about:
- The characteristics of standards
- Key benefits and applications of standardization
- Standard work concepts and calculations
- Standard work steps and documentation
- Using standard work manuals, charts, and worksheets
- Cell staffing (line balancing and full work)
Productivity's Shopfloor Series books offer a simple, cost-effective approach for building basic knowledge about key manufacturing improvement topics. Like all our Shopfloor Series books, Standard Work for the Shopfloor includes innovative instructional features that are the signature of the Shopfloor Series. The goal: to place powerful and proven improvement tools such as pull production techniques in the hands of your entire workforce.
Key learning features include:
- Well-organized, and easy-to-assimilate learning
- Chapter overviews and summaries
- Questions throughout each chapter to help you apply the learning to your own workplace
- Drawings and illustrations
- Margin icons that flag definitions, main points, and other highlights
Author: Productivity Press Development Team