New California Prop 65 Warning Signs
New California Prop 65 Warning Signs and Labels
On August 30, 2018, new rules took effect for California Prop 65 labels and signs. ComplianceSigns.com developed signs and labels to meet the new Prop 65 signage requirements. Use our Prop 65 sign selection tool below to find the signs you need, quickly and easily.
What Changed on Prop 65 Signs?
ComplianceSigns Prop 65 signs and labels meet requirements of the August 30, 2018 updates. Updated signs and labels should now be used to replace older versions. Get more information on Prop 65 sign rules below.
Find the Prop 65 Signs You Need at ComplianceSigns.com:
Before you begin, you will need to have certain information ready to assist you: chemical names and sources of exposure (if required). Our site will help you select signs in four easy steps:
- Search by CAS Number or chemical name, or choose the first letter of a chemical name from our A-Z list. We will show you a list of Prop 65-listed chemicals. No need for an advanced chemistry degree.
- Select your Chemical to see all signs for that chemical.
- Choose a Sign to see details. If your sign requires a source of exposure, you will need to provide that information so we can print it on your signs.
- Pick Your Quantity and Go! Just add the item to your cart and continue shopping for each new Prop 65 sign you may need.
About Prop 65:
Companies doing business or selling products in California are required to provide "clear and reasonable" warnings before knowingly exposing Californians to certain chemicals the state has identified as hazardous. This warning can be given in several ways, including labeling a consumer product, posting signs at the workplace, distributing notices at a rental housing complex or publishing notices in a newspaper.
A business must use knowledge of its business operations and the chemicals it uses to review the Prop 65 list to determine whether its operations or products are likely to expose people in California to any listed chemicals. Depending on the level of exposure, the business may be required to provide a warning for those exposures.
You Probably Have Questions - We Do Too!
We always try to be more helpful than that to our customers, so we assembled this list of resources that may help you with your Prop 65 questions:
Prop 65 Resources:
- Our Compliance Resource Bulletin on Prop 65 - with FAQ on changes (pdf)
- Businesses and Prop 65
- The Prop 65 List
- What to Know about Prop 65 signs
- Notices about new and proposed changes to the Prop 65 list
- Prop 65 FAQ for businesses (pdf)
- Side-by-side comparison of old and new Prop 65 requirements (pdf)